VMware vSphere: Skills for Operators is a two-day technical classroom training course designed to help operators and administrators create and manage virtual machines. This two-day lecture and lab course will help delegates gain the skills required to work effectively with VMware® virtual machines. This course is based on VMware® ESXi™ 5.5 and VMware® vCenter Server™ 5.5.
Operators responsible for ESXi and vCenter Server management.
Please note : Effective 17th of March 2014 all VMware course materials will only be available to delegates in e-courseware format. VMware will email delegates with instructions on how to access their e-book entitlement no less than 48 hours before their course is due to take place. If you have an existing VMware MyLearn account it is imperative that you notify QA of the email address you have registered to this account.
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
- Describe virtualization, virtual machines, and vSphere components
- Describe the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization
- Deploy, configure, and manage virtual machines
- Use vCenter Server to monitor virtual machine resource usage
- Use VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® to migrate virtual machines
Introduction to VMware Virtualization
VMware vSphere Web Client
Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
Virtual Machine Resource Monitoring
Using VMware vSphere vApps
Migrating Virtual Machines