This hands-on training course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing the Horizon™ View™ component of VMware Horizon™. Delegates gain practical experience with these concepts through the completion of hands-on labs. View includes: VMware View® Manager™, VMware View® Composer™, and View security server. This course is based on the Horizon 6 release.
System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the VMware® virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration
- Experience with VMware vSphere
Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Create a template in the VMware vCenter Server™ system and deploy a virtual machine from a template.
- Modify a vCenter Server customization specification.
- Open a virtual machine console in the vCenter Server system and access the guest operating system.
Delegates will learn how to
- Identify View components
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- Install and configure virtual machines that become desktops
- Configure and manage VMware Horizon™ Client™ systems
- Configure and manage pools of existing physical machines
- Configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
- Configure and manage pools of linked-clone machines
- Configure and manage RDS pools of desktops and applications
- Use View Administrator to configure the View environment
- Configure secure access to View desktops
- Describe steps to deploy View Persona Management for user profile management
- Manage performance and scalability of a View deployment
Introduction to Horizon and View
View Connection Server
Horizon Client Options
Creating and Managing Automated Pools
Creating and Managing Linked-Clone Desktop Pools
Creating and Managing RDS Desktop and Application Pools
Using View Administrator
Managing View Security
View Persona Management
Command-Line Tools and Backup Options
View Performance and Scalability