The Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 training builds on your system administration experience with Oracle Solaris 10 and teaches you the skills and knowledge to transition from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11. It’s ideal for system administrators who have experience with Oracle Solaris 10 and IT architects responsible for planning and performing transitioning tasks.
- Examine various aspects of planning for the transition from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11.
- Understand the new features delivered with Oracle Solaris 11 including Automated Installer (AI), Image Packaging System (IPS), and network virtualization.
- Describe and use new features introduced in Oracle Solaris 11.3.
- Practice transitioning to the Oracle Solaris 11 operating environment by performing a series of guided hands-on labs.
Benefits to You
The System Administrator will benefit from this course because they will be exposed to the new features delivered with Oracle Solaris 11.3 including verified boot for Kernel Zones, Kernel Zones live migration for SPARC, virtualized clocks for zones, first boot service creation tool, secure live migration, and non-root live migration.
- System Administration for the Oracle Solaris 10 OS Part 1
- System Administration for the Oracle Solaris 10 OS, Part 2
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe Oracle Solaris 11 Features and Enhancements
- Manage Software Packages by Using IPS
- Install the Oracle Solaris 11 Operating System
- Configure the Network
- Configure Oracle Solaris Zones
- Manage ZFS File System
- Secure the Oracle Solaris 11 OS
Introducing the Oracle Solaris 11 New Features and Enhancements
Installing the Oracle Solaris 11 Operating System
Managing Software Updates in Oracle Solaris 11
Administering Oracle Solaris 10 Zones in Oracle Solaris 11
Implementing the New Oracle Solaris 11 Network Features and Enhancements
Applying the New Storage Enhancements