The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with architecting, implementing, and monitoring virus and spyware protection, zero-day protection, and network threat protection solutions. This class covers how to design, deploy, install, configure, manage, and monitor Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 (SEP 12.1).
Delegates learn how to create and implement the client firewall, intrusion prevents ion, application and device control, and behavioral protection policies that guard the enterprise from viruses and hackers. In addition, delegates learn how to perform server and database management, expand the management environment, use virtualization features for virtual clients, and interface the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with Protection Center.
This course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection in a variety of network environments, and who are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
- You must have working know ledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/ IP networking terms and Internet terms, and an administrator-level know ledge of Microsoft Window s 2000/XP/2003 operating systems.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe Symantec Endpoint Protection products, components, dependencies, and system hierarchy.
- Install and configure Symantec Endpoint Protection management and client components.
- Deploy Symantec Endpoint Protection clients.
- Manage the client user interface.
- Manage product content updates.
- Design a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Manage Virus and Spyware Protection policies.
- Manage SONAR scans.
- Manage Firewall and Intrusion Prevention policies.
- Manage Application and Device Control policies.
- Manage virtualized clients.
- Configure replication and load balancing.
- Monitor and maintain the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Interface the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with Protection Center.
Why use Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Identifying system requirements
Starting and navigating the SEPM
Client requirements and deployment methods
Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection clients
Describing SEPM and client communications
Architecture and sizing considerations
Virus and spyware protection needs and solutions
Configuring administrator-defined scans
Exceptions and exclusions
Network threat protection basics
Firewall policy overview
Configuring intrusion prevention
Creating application and device control policies
Tools for customizing network threat protection
Introducing virtualization features
About sites and replication
Performing Server and Database Management
Managing SEPM servers
Monitoring the Home and Monitors page
Describing Protection Center