The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required as an end-user of Microsoft SharePoint Online. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover and understand what SharePoint is and how to access it from a browser or from Office. You will learn how to use SharePoint to collaborate within a team, organise and manage documents, events, tasks and other items. You will use the tools provided to search for information and people, find documents and open them from Microsoft Office applications and Office Online.
This course is designed for users who are new or have basic skills with SharePoint. Although users will be given an insight into SharePoint the equivalent of a SharePoint Site member, they will be shown how to create certain objects to appreciate how they work.
Please note: Topics from this event are also covered in our five-day SharePoint Online Masterclass (QASPOMC) course.
- A basic understanding of Windows 7 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 11 or equivalent browser.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365 is recommended, including Log in and navigation around the service.
- A basic knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites, you may be asked to leave.
Dual monitor setup is required when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere or Virtual Classroom delivery methods.
Learners attending via Virtual Classroom or Attend From Anywhere events, will need to use remotely hosted computers and/or Private/ Incognito/ Google Guest/Microsoft Edge Guest mode to access our SharePoint environment.
Before you book, check that you meet the Cisco WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings and ensure that you have passed all pre-course tests. If you have any questions, contact our Virtual team. Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
- Explain how SharePoint can help them in a collaborative working environment
- Work with SharePoint apps / add-ins such as lists and libraries
- Customise apps to meet personal needs with metadata
- Create views to arrange items of information
- Connect certain lists and libraries to Microsoft Outlook
- Know when to Check in / Check out, or use Live Co-authoring
Module 1: SharePoint overview
- Introduction to SharePoint
- SharePoint information structure
- Site Types
- Connect to SharePoint Online
- The SharePoint environment
- SharePoint live updates
- Connect Office and Office 365
- Credential manager
Module 2: SharePoint List and built-in apps
- What is an app?
- Effective app management
- Add an app
- The list interface
- The app settings page
- Add and edit items in a list
- Item details pane and item menu
- Delete and restore an item
- Choose the experience
- Manage list items
Module 3: SharePoint Library Apps
- Introduction to library apps
- The library interface
- Add documents
- Deleting and restoring documents
- Link to document
- Document details pane and item menu
Module 4: Manage Content
- Check a document out/in
- Document version control
- Live co-authoring
Module 5 – Create and manage views
- Introduction to views
- Manage views
- Temporary views
- Public and personal views
Module 6: Discover Information
- Social Connection
- Search and offline availability
- Manage your OneDrive.