The Modern Desktop Administrator must be familiar with M365 workloads and must have strong skills and experience of deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and later and non-Windows devices. This knowledge can be gained from attending course MD100 ‘Microsoft Windows Client’. The MDA role focuses on cloud services rather than on-premises management technologies.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Plan, develop, and implement an Operating System deployment, upgrade, and update strategy.
- Understand the benefits and methods of co-management strategies.
- Plan and implement device enrollment and configuration.
- Manage and deploy applications and plan a mobile application management strategy.
- Manage users and authentication using Azure AD and Active Directory DS.
- Describe and implement methods used to protect devices and data.
- The Enterprise Desktop
- Azure AD Overview
- Managing Identities in Azure AD
Lab : Managing identities in Azure AD
Lab : Using Azure AD Connect to connect Active Directories
- Describe the enterprise desktop lifecycle.
- Describe the capabilities of Azure AD.
- Manage users using Azure AD with Active Directory DS.
- Implement Windows Hello for Business.
- Join devices to Azure AD.
- Manage Device Authentication
- Device Enrollment using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Device Enrollment using Microsoft Intune
Lab : Manage Device Enrollment into Intune
Lab : Configuring and managing Azure AD Join
Lab : Enrolling devices into Microsoft Intune
- Configure and join devices to Azure AD
- Configure device enrollment in Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Enroll devices in Endpoint Configuration Manager and Intune
- Configuring Device Profiles
- Managing User Profiles
Lab : Configuring Enterprise State Roaming
Lab : Creating and Deploying Configuration Profiles
Lab : Monitor device and user activity in Intune
- Describe the various types of device profiles in Intune
- Create, manage and monitor profiles
- Manage PowerShell scripts in Intune
- Explain the various user profile types that exist in Windows.
- Explain how to deploy and configure Folder Redirection.
- Configure Enterprise State Roaming for Azure AD devices.
- Implement Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Deploying and updating applications
- Administering applications
Lab : Configure App Protection Policies for Mobile Device
Lab : Deploying cloud apps using Intune
Lab : Deploy Apps using Endpoint Configuration Manager
Lab : Deploy Apps using Microsoft Store for Business
- Describe the methods for application management.
- Deploy applications using Endpoint Manager and Group Policy.
- Configure Microsoft Store for Business.
- Deploy Office365 ProPlus using Intune.
- Manage and report application inventory and licenses.
- Protecting Identities in Azure AD
- Enabling Organization Access
- Implement Device Compliance Policies
- Using Reporting
Lab : Creating device inventory reports
Lab : Configuring and validating device compliance
Lab : Configuring Multi-factor Authentication
Lab : Configuring Self-service password reset for user accounts in Azure AD
- Describe Windows Hello for Business
- Describe Azure AD Identity Protection
- Describe and manage multi-factor authentication
- Describe VPN types and configuration
- Deploy device compliance and conditional access policies
- Generate inventory reports and Compliance reports using Endpoint Manager
- Implement device data protection
- Managing Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Managing Microsoft Defender in Windows Client
Lab : Configuring Endpoint security using Intune
Lab : Configure and Deploy Windows Information Protection Policies by using Intune
Lab : Configuring Disk Encryption Using Intune
- Describe the methods protecting device data.
- Describe the capabilities and benefits of Windows ATP.
- Deploy and manage settings for Windows Defender clients.
- Assessing Deployment Readiness
- On-Premise Deployment Tools and Strategies
Lab : Deploying Windows 10 using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Lab : Deploying Windows 10 using Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Describe the tools for planning a deployment.
- Deploy Windows clients using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Deploy Windows clients using Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Deploying New Devices
- Dynamic Deployment Methods
- Planning a Transition to Modern Management
- Managing Virtual Desktops
Lab : Configuring Co-Management Using Configuration Manager
Lab : Deploying Windows 10 with Autopilot
- Deploy Windows 10 using Autopilot
- Configure OS deployment using subscription activation and provisioning packages
- Upgrade, migrate and manage devices using modern management methods
- Updating Windows Clients
- Windows Update for Business
- Desktop Analytics
- Endpoint Analytics
Lab : Managing Windows 10 security and feature updates
- Describe the Windows client servicing channels.
- Configure a Windows update policy using Group Policy settings.
- Configure Windows Update for Business to deploy OS updates.
- Use Desktop Analytics to assess upgrade readiness.
- Use Endpoint Analytics to monitor user experience and assess Windows 11 readiness