This five-day course will provide you with a thorough understanding of the internationally recognised and best practice programme management methodology Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), providing the skills you need to confidently use MSP to manage programmes in line with strategic aims of a business and its day to day running.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills to be able to identify and document the vision of a programme, thus aligning it to the strategic aims of the business. You will also be able to coordinate the projects of a programme to ensure the correct application of resources and risk, issue and change management. You will also be able to interface with the day to day business to ensure the smooth transition of changes delivered by a programme into business as usual activity and ensure that the benefits that the programme is designed to deliver are achieved.
You should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes prior to attending. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
- The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that candidates spend 1- 3 hours working through the pre-reading.
- Additional work will be required in the evening during the course, consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend about 2 hours each evening on these activities.
- You will be presented with the official MSP manual: ‘Managing Successful Programmes’ on the first day of your course.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the facts, terms and concepts relating to each theme
- understand how each governance theme relates to the principles
- understand the approach to the treatment of each governance theme
- appreciate how each governance theme is applied throughout the transformational flow
- understand the responsibilities involved in each governance theme
- apply and tailor the relevant aspects of each governance theme to a given scenario
- identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each governance theme in a given scenario
- application of MSP in an exam environment