About this course
ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) has defined the ‘ISTQB Certified Tester’ scheme that has become the world-wide leader in the certification of competences in software testing. This four day instructor-led course includes a combination of tutorials, exercises and practical work, as well as exam preparation.
The examination is held at an agreed later date, so allowing adequate time for revision. It is fully-accredited by BCS/UKTB on behalf of ISTQB and has been rated SFIAplus level 5 by the BCS. It is based on the latest 2012 syllabus from the ISTQB, with many real world practical examples.
The Advanced Level qualification is appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, either directly such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers or indirectly such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
At course completion
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Structure the tasks defined in the test strategy in terms of technical requirements
- Analyse the internal structure of the system in sufficient detail to meet the expected quality level
- Evaluate the system in terms of technical quality attributes such as performance, security etc
- Prepare and execute the adequate test activities, and report on their progress
- Conduct technical testing activities
- Prepare the necessary evidence to support evaluations
- Implement the necessary tools and techniques to achieve the defined goals
The ISTQB exam is now available online via remote proctoring. Delegates can take the exam at any location at the time of their choosing. More information will be provided during the course.
To qualify as an internationally-recognized Certified Advanced Level Test Analyst and be issued with an ISTQB Advanced Level Certificate, delegates must successfully pass the exam administered by the iSQI on behalf of the ISTQB.
Questions in the Advanced Level exams can be awarded 1, 2 or 3 marks depending on difficulty. The exam is a ‘closed book’, consists of 60 multiple-choice questions, with a duration of 180 minutes (or 225 minutes for candidates taking exams that are not in their native language). The distribution of the questions per topic is roughly proportional to the timings indicated in the syllabus and/or to the distribution of Learning Objectives. A candidate must score at least 65% to pass an Advanced Level exam.
- The Fundamental Test Process
- Testing in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Test Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Test Analysis
- Test Design
- Test Implementation
- Test Execution
- Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
- Test Closure Activities
Test Management: Responsibilities for the Test Analyst
- Test Progress Monitoring and Control
- Distributed, Outsourced and Insourced Testing
- The Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
Test Design Techniques
- Specification-Based Techniques
- Defect-Based Techniques
- Experience-Based Techniques
Testing Software Quality Characteristics
- Software Testing Quality Standards
- Quality Characteristics for Business Domain Testing
- Importance of Review preparation
- Using Checklists in Reviews
- When Can a Defect be Detected?
- Defect Report Fields
- Defect Classification
- Root Cause Analysis
- Test Tools and Automation
Successful completion of the ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level is a pre-requisite to taking an Advanced Certificate examination and it is suggested that candidates have a minimum of 3 years testing experience.
Candidates may find the BCS Intermediate Certificate a useful bridge between Foundation and Advanced though it is not mandatory.
|20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
|20412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
|20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
|10969: Active Directory Services with Windows Server
|Administering the Web Server (IIS) Role of Windows Server (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)
|Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)
|Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)
|Active Directory Services with Windows Server (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)