Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS) v1.0 is a newly created five-day instructor-led training course that is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP© Security) certification. This course is designed to prepare network security engineers with the knowledge and skills they need to protect data traversing a public or shared infrastructure such as the Internet by implementing and maintaining Cisco VPN solutions. You will gain hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting remote access and site-to-site VPN solutions, using Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco IOS routers.
This section lists the skills and knowledge that you must possess to benefit fully from the course. This section includes recommended Cisco learning offerings that you may complete to benefit fully from this course, including the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) Security certification [*Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Upon completing this course, the you will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the various VPN technologies and deployments as well as the cryptographic algorithms and protocols that provide VPN security.
- Implement and maintain Cisco site-to-site VPN solutions.
- Implement and maintain Cisco FlexVPN in point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, and spoke-to-spoke IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco clientless SSL VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco AnyConnect SSL and IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain endpoint security and dynamic access policies (DAP)
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network Security Engineers
Module 1: The Role of VPNs in Network Security
Module 2: Deploying Secure Site-to-Site Connectivity Solutions
Module 3: Deploying Cisco IOS Site-to-Site FlexVPN Solutions
Module 4: Deploying SSL VPNs
Module 5: Deploying Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
Module 6: Endpoint Security and Dynamic Access Policies