The Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE) v1.0 is a course that provides network engineers and technicians with the knowledge and skills that are necessary to implement and support a service provider network.
The course focuses on using Cisco routers that are typically found in the service provider network and on various technologies that are used to offer different services to customers. Upon completing this course, learners will be able to configure, verify, and troubleshoot advanced Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) configuration, IP multicasting, and IPv6 transition mechanisms.
The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software features to operate and support the service provider network.
The primary audience for this course is:
- This course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers who would like to implement IP routing in service provider environments.
The secondary audience for this course is:
- This course is intended for network designers and project managers. The course is also recommended to all individuals that are preparing for CCNP service provider certification.
The tertiary audience for this course is as follows:
- This course is intended for program managers.
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 Version 1.1 (CICND1)
- Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software configuration
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (CSPROUTE)
- Configure the provider network to support multiple BGP connections with customers and other autonomous systems
- Describe common routing and addressing scalability issues in the provider network
- Describe available BGP tools and features to secure and optimize the BGP routing protocol in a service provider environment
- Introduce IP multicast services and the technologies that are present in IP multicasting
- Introduce PIM-SM as the most current scalable IP multicast routing protocol
- Describe service provider IPv6 transition implementations
1: Service Provider Connectivity with BGP
2: Scale Service Provider Networks
3: Secure and Optimize BGP
4: Multicast Overview
5: Intradomain and Interdomain Multicast Routing
6: Service Provider IPv6 Transition Implementations