About this course
The CompTIA A+ Core 2 (exam 220-1002) course covers primarily the software components of the A+ Certification, the course itself is geared towards preparing the delegates to take and hopefully pass the associated exam.
The course is designed for delegates who have basic computer skills and who are interested in starting an IT career. The course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification.
At course completion
Attendees will learn how to
- Support operating systems
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources
- Implement physical security
- Secure workstations and data
- Troubleshoot workstation security issues
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices
- Implement operational procedures
This course is a five day, ten lesson multiple topic course and includes both theoretical and lab based tasks.
Lesson 1: Supporting Operating Systems
In this lesson we learn about installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting personal computer operating systems.
- Topic A – Identifying Common Operating Systems
- Topic B – Use Windows Features and Tools
- Topic C – Manage Files in Windows
- Topic D – Manage Disks in Windows
- Topic E – Manage Devices in Windows
Lesson 2: Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Operating Systems
In this lesson, we examine some of the other popular operating systems, we also look at the installation and upgrade of operating systems
- Topic A – Configure and use Linux
- Topic B – Configure and use MacOS
- Topic C – Install and Upgrade Operating Systems
- Topic D – Maintain Operating Systems
Lesson 3: Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
In this lesson, we look at using various tools and features to install and configure devices and software within the Windows operating system.
- Topic A – Install and Manage Windows Applications
- Topic B – Manage Windows Performance
- Topic C – Troubleshoot Windows
Lesson 4: Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
In this lesson, we look at installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network connectivity within an operating system.
- Topic A – Configyre Network Connection Settings
- Topic B – Install and Configure SOHO networks
- Topic C – Configure SOHO Network Security
- Topic D – Configure Remote Access
- Topic E – Troubleshoot Network Connections
Lesson 5: Managing Users, Workstations, and Shared Resources
In this lesson, we will cover creating, and managing the security principals used for authentication to an operating system.
- Topic A – Manage Users
- Topic B – Configure Shared Resources
- Topic C – Configure Active Directory Accounts and Policies
Lesson 6: Security Concepts
In this lesson, we cover the duties involved in protecting organisational computing assets from attacks, we will identify security threats and vulnerabilities,
- Topic A – Logical Security Concepts
- Topic B – Threats and Vunerabilities
- Topic C – Physical Security Measures
Lesson 7: Securing Workstations and Data
In this lesson, we cover sources of vulnerabilities and weaknesses, we then look at methods to protect the organisational data.
- Topic A – Implement Security Best Practices
- Topic B – Implement Data Protection Policies
- Topic C – Protect Data During an Incident Response
Lesson 8: Troubleshooting Workstation Security Issues
In this lesson, we look at securing user accounts and also installing antivirus software, updating with patches, and encrypting data.
- Topic A – Detect, Remove, and Prevent Malware
- Topic B – Troubleshoot Common Workstation Security Issues
Lesson 9: Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
In this lesson, we look at the skills required to support the mobile devices in an organisation
- Topic A – Secure Mobile Devices
- Topic B – Troubleshoot Mobile Device Issues
Lesson 10: Implementing Operational Procedures
In this lesson, we look at the soft skills and some automation skills required in order to become professional IT support technicians
- Topic A – Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- Topic B – Environmental Impacts and Controls
- Topic C – Create and Maintain Documentation
- Topic D – Use Basic Change Management Best Practices
- Topic E – Implement Disaster Prevention and Recovery Methods
- Topic F – Basic Scripting Concepts
- Topic G – Professionalism and Communication
In order to sit this course delegates should have a basic understanding of computers, have a working knowledge of Microsoft Client (Desktop) Operating Systems.
Delegates without this experience should consider CompTIA IT Fundamentals, instead.
|Pradžios data||Trukmė, d.||Kurso pavadinimas||Kaina, €||Statusas|
|2021-06-28||5||CompTIA Security +||1300|
|2021-09-20||5||Kompiuterinių tinklų pagrindai pagal CompTIA Network+||1300|
|Užklausti||5||CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1001 Support Skills (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)|
|Užklausti||5||CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1002 Support Skills (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)|
|Užklausti||5||CompTia Network+ Certfication Support Skills (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)|