About this course
The CompTIA A+ Core 1 (Exam 220-1001) course covers primarily the hardware components of the A+ Certification, the course itself is geared towards preparing the delegates to take and hopefully pass the associated exam.
The course is designed for delegates who have basic computer skills and who are interested in starting an IT career. The course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification.
At course completion
Attendees will learn how to:
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components
- Explain network infrastructure concepts
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections
- Implement client virtualisation and cloud computing
- Support and troubleshoot laptops
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices
The course is a five day, ten lesson, multiple topic course, and includes both theoretical and lab based tasks.
Lesson 1 Installing and Configuring PC Components
A very large percentage of the work an IT technician performs is working with hardware. This includes installing, upgrading, repairing, configuring, maintaining, optimising, and troubleshooting computer components. This lesson covers the computer’s system components and peripheral devices.
- Topic A – Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- Topic B – PC Components
- Topic C – Common Connection Interfaces
- Topic D – Install Peripheral Devices
- Topic E – Troubleshooting Methodology
Lesson 2: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices
This lesson focuses on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting display and multimedia devices.
- Topic A – Install and Configure Display Devices
- Topic B – Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Topic C – Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Lesson 3: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices
As an IT technician, responsibilities are likely to include installing and maintaining many different types of computer components, including storage devices. This lesson covers the various technologies used to store data, including RAM, ROM, HDD, SSD, removable and optical media
- Topic A – Install System Memory
- Topic B – Install and Configure Mass Storage Devices
- Topic C – Install and Configure Removable Storage
- Topic D – Configure RAID
- Topic E – Troubleshoot Storage Devices
Lesson 4: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components
As an IT technician you may be called upon to maintain and install internal components within the system case. This lesson covers the function of the internal components of a PC based system, and how to manage them effectively.
- Topic A – Install and Upgrade CPUs
- Topic B – Configure and Update BIOS/UEFI
- Topic C – Install a PSU
- Topic D – Troubleshoot Internal System Components
- Topic E – Configure a Custom PC
Lesson 5: Network Infrastructure Concepts
In this lesson we cover the technologies that create a network infrastructure, such as cabling technologies, wireless standards, switches, routers, and protocols.
- Topic A – Wired Networks
- Topic B – Network Hardware Devices
- Topic C – Wireless Networks
- Topic D – Internet Connection Types
- Topic E – Network Configuration Concepts
- Topic F – Network Services
Lesson 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
In this lesson we cover the installation, configuration, and management of network devices.
- Topic A – Configure Network Connection Settings
- Topic B – Install and configure SOHO Networks
- Topic C – Configure SOHO Network Security
- Topic D – Configure Remote Access
- Topic E – Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Topic F – Install and Configure IoT Devices
Lesson 7: Implementing Client Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
This lesson covers the basics of Cloud computing and then moves onto the concepts of Virtualisation.
- Topic A – Configure Client-Side Virtualisation
- Topic B – Cloud Computing Concepts
Lesson 8: Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops
In this lesson we cover the difference between desktop and laptop technologies.
- Topic A – Use Laptop Features
- Topic B – Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Topic C – Troubleshoot Common Laptop Issues
Lesson 9: Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
In this lesson we look at the types of mobile devices available. We also look at managing and maintaining mobile devices.
- Topic A – Mobile Device Types
- Topic B – Connect and Configure Mobile Device Accessories
- Topic C – Configure Mobile Device Network Connectivity
- Topic D – Support Mobile Apps
Lesson 10: Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Print Devices
In this lesson we cover the various technologies used for printing.
- Topic A – Maintain Laser Printers
- Topic B – Maintain Inkjet Printers
- Topic C – Maintain Impact, Thermal and 3D Printers
- Topic D – Install and Configure Printers
- Topic E – Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
- Topic F – Install and Configure Imaging Devices
In order to sit this course, delegates should have a basic understanding of computers and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Client (Desktop) Operating Systems.
Delegates without this experience should consider CompTIA IT Fundamentals, instead.
|Pradžios data||Trukmė, d.||Kurso pavadinimas||Kaina, €||Statusas|
|2023-02-21||5||CompTIA A+||€ 1,300|
|2023-10-09||5||Kompiuterinių tinklų pagrindai pagal CompTIA Network+||€ 1,300|
|2023-03-21||5||CompTIA Server+||€ 1,300|
|2023-04-24||5||CompTIA Security +||€ 1,300|
|Užklausti||5||CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1001 Support Skills (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)|
|Užklausti||5||CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1002 Support Skills (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)|
|Užklausti||5||CompTia Network+ Certfication Support Skills (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)|