Nowadays, it is not enough to accomplish the stability of your project and implement all the functions to cover the user’s expectations.
What else, you may ask?
Ignoring critical non-functional requirements like performance may be crucial for the overall success of your project.
Participating in this workshop will help you to learn how to build real-life industry-standard performance and load testing infrastructure on your local machine from scratch.
The main goal for this workshop is to give understanding of the participants on the oveall process they should follow when working on Performance Testing. Starting from the basics, through exploring the free tools available on the market, straight into building their own universe or performance and load testing tools, reporting metrics that matter.
From Junior to Senior Quality Assurance engineers, everyone can take home something from this workshop, even though at least basic coding skills are required for the Docker setup. The workshop is not only for QAs – anyone that feels this matter interesting is welcome to join.
- Docker for Desktop installed, with Linux Containers enabled – will be needed for the local tools installation
- NodeJS LTS
- Downloaded JMeter to a local folder – no extensions needed
Duration: 1 day
- Part 1: Understanding Performance:
- Glossary of terms
- Basic Web knowledge
- Setting Performance Testing Goals
- Web debugging
- Part 2: Performance Testing using Commercial Tools:
- Layers of Performance Testing
- Commercial tools for Performance Testing
- Hands on tasks on sample websites
- Part 3: Building Full Performance Testing Environment and Process:
- Create Performance Testing Plan
- Setup Application under Test
- Install and configure all tools needed in Docker
- Execute, Analyze, Measure