About this course
This three-day instructor-led course provides in-depth training on configuring and troubleshooting Active Directory Identity and Access (IDA) solutions with Windows Server® 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
This course is intended for those who want to learn how IDA solutions are implemented in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. It is also intended for those preparing for MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory certification. This course provides a technology overview of IDA and PKI solutions, and details the implementation of each of the roles in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 that implement the IDA solution.
At course completion
- Describe the fundamental IDA components and Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 IDA technologies.
- Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
- Deploy, configure, and manage certificates.
- Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS).
- Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot Active Directory Federation Services 2.0 (AD FS 2.0).
- Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Maintain Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Active Directory IDA Solutions.
Module 1: Exploring IDA Solutions
- Overview of IDA Management
- Active Directory Server Roles in IDA Management
- Overview of ILM 2007
Lab : Exploring IDA Solutions
Module 2: Configuring AD CS
- Overview of PKI
- Deploying a CA Hierarchy
- Installing AD CS
- Managing CA
Lab : Configuring AD CS
Module 3: Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Deploying Certificates by Using AD CS
- Deploying Certificates by Using Autoenrollment
- Revoking Certificates
- Configuring Certificate Templates
- Configuring Certificate Recovery
Lab : Deploying and Managing Certificates
Module 4: Configuring AD LDS
- Installing and Configuring AD LDS
- Configuring AD LDS Instances
- Configuring AD LDS Replication
- Configuring AD LDS Integration with AD DS
Lab : Configuring AD LDS
Module 5: Configuring AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS Deployment Scenarios
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS Claims
Lab : Configuring AD FS for Federated Web SSO by Using Forest Trust Scenario
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Federation Services by Using Federated Web SSO Scenario
Module 6: Configuring AD RMS
- Overview of AD RMS
- Installing and Configuring AD RMS Server Components
- Administering AD RMS
- Implementing AD RMS Trust Policies
Lab : Configuring AD RMS
Module 7: Maintaining Access Management Solutions
- Supporting AD CS
- Maintaining AD LDS
- Maintaining AD FS
- Maintaining AD RMS
Lab : Maintaining Access Management Solutions
Module 8: Troubleshooting IDA Solutions
- Troubleshooting AD CS
- Troubleshooting AD LDS
- Resolving AD FS Issues
- Solving AD RMS Issues
Lab : Troubleshooting IDA Solutions
- Technical skills in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). This includes technical skills equivalent to 6425C: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services.
- Technical skills in Windows Server 2008 equivalent to 6419B: Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers.