About this course
At course completion
- Describe the features and functionality of Active Directory Domain Services.
- Perform secure and efficient administration of Active Directory.
- Manage users and service accounts.
- Manage groups.
- Manage computer accounts.
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure.
- Manage User Desktops with Group Policy.
- Manage enterprise security and configuration by using Group Policy settings.
- Secure administration.
- Improve the security of authentication in an AD DS Domain.
- Configure Domain Name System.
- Administer AD DS domain controllers.
- Manage sites and Active Directory Replication.
- Monitor, maintain and back up directory Service to ensure Directory Service continuity.
- Manage multiple domains and forests.
Module 1: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
- Installing Active Directory Domain Services
- Deploying Read-Only Domain Controllers
- Configuring AD DS Domain Controller Roles
Lab : Implementing Read-Only Domain Controllers
Module 2: Configuring Domain Name Service for Active Directory Domain Services
- Overview of Active Directory Domain Services and DNS Integration
- Configuring Active Directory Integrated Zones
- Configuring Read Only DNS Zones
Lab : Configuring AD DS and DNS Integration
Module 3: Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
- Configuring Active Directory Objects
- Strategies for Using Groups
- Automating AD DS Object Management
- Delegating Administrative Access to AD DS Objects
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Configuring Active Directory ObjectsLab : Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts
Module 4: Configuring Active Directory Sites and Replication
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Overview of AD DS Sites and Replication
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Lab : Configuring Active Directory Sites and Replication
Module 5: Creating and Configuring Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy
- Configuring the Scope of Group Policy Objects
- Evaluating the Application of Group Policy Objects
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
Lab : Creating and Configuring GPOs
Module 6: Configuring User Environments Using Group Policy
- Configuring Group Policy Settings
- Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using Group Policies
- Configuring Administrative Templates
- Group Policy Preferences
- Deploying Software Using Group Policy
Lab : Lab Configuring User Environments Using Group Policies
Module 7: Implementing Security Using Group Policy
- Configuring Security Policies
- Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies
- Restricting Group Membership and Access to Software
- Managing Security Using Security Templates
Lab : Implementing Security Using Group Policies
Module 8: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Monitoring Plan
- Monitoring AD DS Using Event Viewer
- Monitoring Active Directory Domain Servers Using Reliability and Performance Monitor
- Configuring AD DS Auditing
Lab : Monitoring Active Directory Domain Services
Module 9: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Maintenance Plan
- Maintaining the AD DS Domain Controllers
- Backing Up Active Directory Domain Services
- Restoring Active Directory Domain Services
Lab : Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Maintenance Plan
Module 10: Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, and Replication Issues
- Troubleshooting Active Directory Domain Services
- Troubleshooting DNS Integration with AD DS
- Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Lab : Troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, and Replication Issues
Module 11: Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
- Introduction to Group Policy Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Group Policy Application
- Troubleshooting Group Policy Settings
Lab : Troubleshooting Group Policy Issues
Module 12: Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Infrastructure
- Overview of the AD DS Deployment
- Planning a Group Policy Strategy
Lab : Deploying Active Directory Domain Services
Lab : Configuring Forest Trust Relationships
Lab : Planning a Group Policy Strategy
- Basic understanding of networking
- Intermediate understanding of network operating systems
- An awareness of security best practices
- Basic knowledge of server hardware
- Some experience creating objects in Active Directory
- Basic concepts of backup and recovery in a Windows Server environment
- A good knowledge of Windows Client operating systems such as Windows Vista or Windows 7