About this course
This Microsoft First Look Clinic introduces IT Professionals to the new features and capabilities of Windows Server 2016. It’s designed to provide a broad range of knowledge across a broad array of technologies focusing on the pillars Identity, Compute & Networking. No topic is covered fully, but students will finish the clinic with an understanding of the new and improved features and capabilities of Windows Server 2016. This course is based on Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4, and the technologies are subject to change in the final release.
This clinic is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in learning about the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2016. People who are key influencers and technology decision makers in an IT organization will also be interested in attending this clinic and will benefit from gaining early insight into some of the latest technologies included in Windows Server 2016. In general, early adopters of new technology or people looking to gain early insight into new functionality in Windows Server 2016 will benefit from attending this First Look Clinic.
Module 1: What’s New in Compute
In this module, we explore all of the new features related to Compute in Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview. Specifically, we focus on Nano Server, Hyper-V, Windows Server and Hyper-V Containers, and management features.
- Introducing Windows Server 2016
- Introducing Nano Server
- New Features of Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016
- Introducing Windows Server and Hyper-V Containers
- Windows Server 2016 Management
- Describe Nano Server and how to manage it.
- Describe Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
- Describe the new features in Hyper-V
- Describe the new features in Management
- List the installation options for Windows Server 2016
Module 2: What’s New in Identity
Windows Server 2016 has many new features in Identity to improve the ability for organizations to secure Active Directory environments and help them migrate to cloud-only deployments and hybrid deployments, where some applications and services are hosted in the cloud and others are hosted on premises. This module introduces you to those improvements.
- What’s new in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) improvements
- List and describe the new features available for AD FS
- List and describe the new features available for AD DS
Module 3: What’s new in File and Storage Services
The introduction of Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview brings with it several new storage capabilities to the platform for the IT professional to design, deploy, and maintain Windows Server storage. This module provides an overview of some of the new features and improvements in storage.
- Storage Spaces Direct
- Storage Replica
- Storage QoS
- Describe Storage Spaces Direct
- Describe Storage Replica
- Describe Storage QoS
Module 4: What’s New in Networking
Networking improvements include new features and enhancements that make flexible workload placement and mobility possible. Organizations need flexibility, reliability, high levels of performance, and a focus on applications and workloads. To meet these needs, Windows Server 2016 delivers enhancements in the reliability, performance, and interoperability of virtual networking; improved support for centralized configuration and management across virtual and physical networks; new virtualized network functions for transforming the network cloud; and seamless datacenter extensions for flexible workload placement and mobility. this module covers the new networking features in Windows server 2016.
- Software Defined Networking
- Windows Server networking technologies
- Networking Services
- Describe Software Defined Networking
- List and describe the Windows Server technologies for SDN
- List and describe other new and improved networking services
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 & 2012 R2
- Familiar with AD DS
- Experience configuring storage in an enterprise
- Experience managing an enterprise network
- Experience with virtual machines & clustering
|20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
|20412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
|20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
|10969: Active Directory Services with Windows Server
|Administering the Web Server (IIS) Role of Windows Server (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)
|Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)
|Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)
|Active Directory Services with Windows Server (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)