About this course
This course you will learn advanced programming practices and techniques that will help you develop Windows Store apps. In this course, you will learn how design and develop Windows Store apps, as well as implement advanced features, such as using location information, streaming media to external devices, and integrating with online services. You will also learn how to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and Expression Blend tools.
This course maps to the 70-485 exam.
Windows Azure is required or used as part of the lab for this course, which may not be available in all countries. Please check with your Microsoft training provider that this cloud service is available in your area. Training Providers please reference the course setup guide for more details.
This course is intended for professional developers who have one or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment and who are comfortable programming in C# and XAML to create Windows Store apps.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Review basic Windows Store app concepts and how Windows Store apps integrate with the Windows 8.1 ecosystem.
- Explore the built-in WinRT animation library and storyboards, and apply transitions and transformations.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI and apply language-specific formatting to a multi-lingual app.
- Create and present a successful splash screen, and differentiate your app with branding.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Work with custom and template controls, and create and consume a WinRT component.
- Print using the Printing API and explore the Play To API.
- Explore the Push Notification Service (WNS), and work with push notifications.
- Use the CameraCaptureUI API and the MediaCapture API.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover sensors, test their availability, and handle sensor events and device availability, and enumerate devices and their capabilities and properties and use the capabilities.
Module 1: Windows Store Apps Essentials
This module provides a review of the essential Windows Store app features.
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials – Presentation
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials – Under the Hood
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions
This module explains how to add animations and transitions to improve the user experience using the VisualStateManager and control templates.
- Using Animation
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
Lab : Implementing Animations and Transitions
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization
This module explains how to localize Windows Store app user interface.
- Working with Resource Files
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
Lab : Implementing Globalization and Localization
Module 4: Branding and a Seamless User Interface
This module explains how to brand Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
Customizing the Splash Screen
Differentiate your app with branding
Lab : Branding and a Seamless User Interface
Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App
This module explains how to use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for an app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Windows Store App Storage Options
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
Lab : Caching Data
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components
This module explains how to create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Creating Custom Controls
- Extending Existing Controls
- Creating and Consuming WinMD Components
Lab : Creating Reusable Controls and Components
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
This module explains how to implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- The Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
Lab : Printing
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
This module explains how to work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- The Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Communicating with the Push Notification Service (WNS)
Lab : The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
Module 9: Capturing Media
This module explains how to capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Videos or Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
Lab : Capturing Media
Module 10: Background Tasks
This module explains how to create and consume background tasks.
- Creating Background Tasks
- Consuming Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
Lab : Background Tasks
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices
This module explains how to discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
Lab : Working with Sensors and Devices
Module 12: Generating Revenue with your App
This module explains how to generate revenue with Windows Store apps using trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implement In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
Lab : Generating Revenue with your App
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data
This module explains how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows 8 apps.
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in Windows Store Apps
Lab : Securing Windows 8 App Data
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
This module explains how to diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
- Tracing a Windows Store App
- Profiling a Windows Store App
6 – 12 months experience programming in C#
3 – 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2013 (including experience using preview builds)
1 month of experience working on Windows Store apps
|Pradžios data||Trukmė, d.||Kurso pavadinimas||Kaina, €||Statusas|
|Užklausti||5||20483: Programming in C#||€ 1,500|
|Užklausti||5||20486: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications||€ 1,500|
|Užklausti||5||20485: Advanced Windows Store App Development Using C#||€ 1,500|
|Užklausti||5||Building Effective Websites Using Microsoft MVC (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)||€ 1,500||Organizuojamas|
|Užklausti||5||Developing ASP.net MVC WEB Applications (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)||€ 1,500||Organizuojamas|