VMware vSphere: What’s New is a hands-on training course that explores the newest features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server™ 6 and VMware ESXi™ 6. Real-world use case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lecture material teach the skills you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere® 6. This class is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 6 into their existing vSphere environment.
Operators responsible for ESXi and vCenter Server management
Please note: All VMware course materials are available to delegates in e-courseware format only. VMware will email delegates with instructions on how to access their e-book entitlement no less than 48 hours before their course is due to take place. If you have an existing VMware MyLearn account it is imperative that you notify QA of the email address you have registered to this account.
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
vSphere 5.5 knowledge equivalent to attending vSphere Install, Configure, Manage [V5.x] and system administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
Delegates will learn how to
- Discuss key enhancements made to vSphere in version 6
- Discuss new feature and maximum configuration allowances in vCenter Server 6
- Discuss and configure new ESXi security and account management features
- Discuss the deployment process of vSphere 6 release products
- Discuss Platform Services Controller use case scenarios and apply these in vSphere 6 environments
- Discuss the differences between VMware vSphere® Client™ and VMware vSphere® Web Client in the vSphere 6 release
- Describe and configure enhancements made to virtual machines in the vSphere 6 release
- Apply the uses and benefits of VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™
- Discuss and apply storage security and policies Discuss and configure storage fault domains
- Discuss the benefits of and configure virtual volumes
- Discuss and apply network performance enhancements
- Describe enhancements to VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ and VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™ in the vSphere 6 release
- Discuss and configure cross-vCenter Server systems migration
- Discuss and apply multiprocessor fault tolerance and VMware vSphere® App HA enhancements
Introduction to vSphere 6
vCenter Server 6
Virtual Machine Enhancements