Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) v2.0 is a five-day course designed to help network professionals hone the skills and knowledge needed to maintain their network and to diagnose and resolve network problems quickly and effectively. It also assists the network professional in preparing for Cisco CCNP certification. The TSHOOT course is a component of the CCNP curriculum.
The TSHOOT course is designed to teach professionals that work in complex network environments the necessary skills to maintain their networks and to diagnose and resolve network problems quickly and effectively. The course will provide information about troubleshooting and maintaining particular technologies, as well as procedural and organizational aspects of the troubleshooting and maintenance process. A large part of the training will consist of practicing these skills and reinforcing the concepts by putting them to use in a controlled environment. At the end of the course, the delegates will have increased their skill level and developed as set of best practices based on their own and other delegates’ experiences that they can take back to their organizations.
Prior to attending this course students should have the knowledge of and experience with the implementation and verification of enterprise routing and switching technologies as offered by the Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH) v2.0 and Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) v2.0 courses or equivalent skills and knowledge. This includes knowledge and experience of the following technologies:
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs, VLAN access control lists, port security
- Switch security issues
- Link aggregation protocols
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Inter-VLAN routing solutions
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (FHRPs) – HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP
- Branch office operations
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Layer 3 path control
- Internal and External Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- IPv6 Networking
TSHOOT v2.0, 5 day ILT, includes major updates and follows an updated blueprint. However, note that this course does not cover all items listed on the blueprint. Some older topics have been removed or simplified, while several new IPv6 routing topics have been added. Course content has been adapted to Cisco IOS Software Release 15 and technically updated. Course also introduces new type of labs, called discovery labs. Discovery labs are instructor guided lab through which student explores new topics in an interactive way. All labs are developed only as virtual labs. To get the full course experience, you should cover everything, including Introduction, Discovery labs, Summary, and Module Self-Check.
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller
- Module 1: Tools and Methodologies of Troubleshooting
- Module 2: Troubleshooting at SECHNIK Networking Ltd
- Module 3: Troubleshooting at TINC Garbage Disposal Ltd.
- Module 4: Troubleshooting at PILE Forensic Accounting Ltd
- Module 5: Troubleshooting at Bank of POLONA Ltd
- Module 6: Troubleshooting at RADULKO Transport Ltd