This eLearning course, designed by QA’s industry leading project management experts, is fully accredited by the BCS and provides you with a thorough understanding of the internationally recognised PRINCE2® project management methodology.
This course takes you beyond the method by giving you additional tools and techniques to become a confident project leader. By working with world-class organisations, we are uniquely able to bring you a course that will give you the best opportunity to develop your project management career and deliver PRINCE2® projects confidently and competently, above and beyond just the syllabus areas.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® in a scenario situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2® in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
PRINCE2® is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
- Understand the relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques and processes
- Be able to apply the principles, themes, and processes to a project
- Be able to create and assess management products.
Overview, Principles and Tailoring PRINCE2® to the Project Environment
Difference between embedding and tailoring PRINCE2®
The 7 PRINCE2® Principles
- Continued Business Justification
- Focus on Products
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn from Experience
- Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
The 7 PRINCE2® Processes
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
The 7 PRINCE2® Themes
- Business Case
- Quality (including the PRINCE2® Quality Review Technique)
- Plans (including the PRINCE2® Product-Based Planning Technique)
Recommended study time for this course is approximately 8-10 hours
Applying PRINCE2® in your own projects
- Converting knowledge to action
- Real life application of PRINCE2®
- What’s right and wrong