This eLearning course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2® project management methodology. During the course we introduce the roles, principles, themes and processes that form the structure of PRINCE2®. We also explain the various PRINCE2® management products that will help delegates deliver projects in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attending the PRINCE2® Foundation course.
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2®
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2®
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2® project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2® project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2® themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2® processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2® management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2® environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
Delegates are introduced to the world of projects and project management and to the overall structure of the PRINCE2® method. The benefits of adopting a formal project management method will also be outlined.
PRINCE2® operates with a universal set of principles that can be applied to every project. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which PRINCE2® is based.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from Experience
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
The seven PRINCE2® themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and linked together in order for the project to be delivered effectively.
- Business Case
The seven PRINCE2® processes define the activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The following processes run from pre-project, through initiation and delivery, up to and including project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project