The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly seen as a recognized indicator of competence in project management. APM qualifications are aligned to the International Project Management Association (IPMA) competency levels. The APMP qualification is knowledge based and recognized as IPMA Level D.
This eLearning course provides you with comprehensive, self-paced training to prepare you for the APMP examination, aligned to the 6th Edition of the APM Body of Knowledge, without the additional cost and time requirements associated with attending a traditional classroom based event.
Once purchased, the eLearning and associated exam are active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have sat your exam within this time frame.
This course will enable you to:
- Appreciate all 10 learning outcomes and 47 assessment criteria of the APM syllabus for this course
- Get to grips with the specific examination language
- Learn strategies and tactics for approaching the examination
- Practice exam style questions, with topic specific mini quizzes, module level tests and Mock examination
This course is suitable for both project managers and aspiring project managers, who have attained PRINCE2 Practitioner accreditation within the last five years (i.e. are a ‘Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner’). It is aimed at people who have some experience of working in a project environment and have a basic understanding of project management issues.
You should expect to undertake at least 22.5 hours of eLearning in order to be fully prepared for the APMP examination for PRINCE2 Practitioners.
- Understand how organizations and projects are structured.
- Understand project life cycles.
- Understand the context and environments in which projects can be delivered.
- Understand governance of project management, and the use of structured methodologies.
- Understand communication within project management.
- Understand the principles of leadership and teamwork.
- Understand planning for success.
- Understand project scope management.
- Understand schedule and resource management.
- Understand project procurement.
- Understand risk management and issue management.
- Understand project quality management.
- Be prepared to take the APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners exam.
Module One: Course Introduction
Module Two: Project Structure and Governance
Module Three: Communication and Team Leadership
Module Four: Planning
Module Five: Scheduling
Module Six: Resource Management
Module Seven: Procurement
Module Eight: Preparing for the APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners Examination
At the end of each of the topics, a short mini-quiz is provided to test your learning. Answer the questions and review the answers provided. Sample questions are provided on completion of each of the Modules to test your understanding of the topics in the module.
When you have completed all core modules sample APMP papers are included for you to practice writing APMP style essay questions. These should be used to prepare for the actual exam, observing the time available for each question, and to identify any outstanding areas of weakness. Re-do the eLearning for any area you are still not comfortable/confident with and remember, tutor support is available.
This eLearning product includes as classroom based examination:
The APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners examination will be booked at a QA centre at a time and place convenient to you.
The examination consists of:
6 essay based questions to be selected from a total of 10. Each worth 50 marks
2 hours duration
Candidates require a minimum of 165 marks out of 300 (55%) to pass