In the Oracle Database 12c: New Features for Administrators Ed2 course, you’ll learn about the new and enhanced features and options of Oracle Database 12c. Expert instructors will teach you how these features and options increase security, manageability and performance
- Manage the Oracle multitenant container databases and pluggable databases.
- Configure Heat Map and use Automatic Data Optimization.
- Benefit from Online Datafile Move.
- Understand the new Temporal capabilities as well as In-Database Archiving with Row-archival.
- Enforce security with the Unified Auditing, the new administrative privileges, Privilege Analysis, and Data Redaction.
- Increase SQL performance with the Database In-Memory option, and Full Database In-Memory Caching and the Automatic Big Table Caching features.
- Benefit from optimizer enhancements such as Adaptive Execution Plans and SQL Plan Directives, Real-Time ADDM and Compare Period ADDM.
- Use enhanced features of Resource Manager in multitenant container databases and pluggable databases.
- Understand how and when to use enhancements in Data Pump, partitioning, and SQL.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Hands-on Practices and Demonstrations
Hands-on practices and available demonstrations help you learn how to use these new or enhanced features of Oracle Database 12c. You’ll explore using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and other tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Express SQL Developer to manage, monitor and administer your data center.
You will also learn about performance new features of the first patchset of Oracle Database 12c: Full Database In-Memory Caching, the In-Memory Column Store which is one of the most important features of the 12.1 first patchset, and Automatic Big Table Caching.
- Database Administrators
- System Administrator
- Cloud Administrator
- Good knowledge of Oracle Database 11g
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Install & Upgrade
- Using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c
Enterprise Manager and Other Tools
Basics of Multitenant Container Database (CDB)
Configuring and Creating CDB and PDBs
Managing CDB and PDBs
Managing Tablespaces, Common and Local Users, Privileges and Roles
Managing Backup / Recovery / Flashback
Online Datafile Move and Automatic Data Optimization
Oracle Data Redaction
General RMAN New Features and FDA Enhancements
Monitoring DB Operations
Real-Time ADDM and Compare Period Advisor
ADR and Network Enhancements
In-Memory Column Store
Resource Manager and Other Performance Enhancements
Index and Table Enhancements