- Data center engineers, data center administrators, and system engineers
- Data center managers, network engineers, and consulting system engineers
- Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI) and Fibre Channel
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP
- Recommended: Cisco CCNA® certification
- Describe the MDS 9000 Series switch platform, Cisco NX-OS, and the features of Cisco Prime DCNM.
- Explain the techniques and information that will enable you to perform the initial software configuration of a Cisco MDS 9000 Series switch, upgrade the system software, and enable licensing.
- Explain the configurations involved in building a Cisco Fibre Channel SAN fabric including interfaces, VSANs, domains, port channels, device aliases, NPV, NPIV, and zones.
- Describe the FCoE protocol and the use of FCoE modules on the Cisco MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Director and Cisco MDS 9700 Series Multilayer Director as a Fibre Channel forwarder in a single-hop and multihop design.
- Describe the process of configuring security features on Cisco MDS 9000 Series switches to prevent unauthorized access, intrusion, and data theft, and to preserve data integrity in an enterprise SAN environment.
- Describe the steps for basic FCIP configuration, high availability implementation, and achieving a fault tolerant SAN extension using the IVR feature.
1: Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switch Platform
2: System Installation and Initial Configuration
3: Building a SAN Fabric
4: Intelligent SAN Fabric Services
5: Fibre Channel over Ethernet Implementation
6: Security Implementation
7: Implementing FCIP
Lab 2-1: Initial Setup
Lab 2-2: Upgrading Switch Software
Lab 2-3: Install Cisco DCNM Release 6.2(3)
Lab 3-1: Configuring Interfaces
Lab 3-2: Configure Port Channels
Lab 3-3: Configuring NPV and NPIV
Lab 3-4: Configure VSANs, Domain Management, and Persistent FCIDs
Lab 3-5: Configure Device Aliases
Lab 3-6: Configure Zoning
Lab 4-1: Implement Cisco DMM
Lab 6-1: Configure RBAC and AAA Services
Lab 6-2: Implement Port and Fabric Security
Lab 7-1: Configure FCIP Tunnels and FCIP High Availability with Port Channels
Lab 7-2: Implementing IVR for SAN Extension
Lab 7-4: Tune FCIP Performance