This single course combines the study needed to take both exams connected to the BCS Intermediate and Practitioner Certificates for Enterprise and Solution Architecture.
It reviews the important terms and concepts and then shows how to put them into practice, particularly in areas such as governance, the design of building blocks, modeling techniques to visualize architecture, and building architecture specifications.
This is an intensive and complete course with two main objectives:
- To gain a solid understanding of Enterprise and Solution Architecture terms and practice, and
- To prepare for two exams.
Both lecture and practical case-study sessions are held and mock questions are reviewed throughout. Delegates are provided with a revision program to help them study in their own time which is followed up by a group review.
Two exams are taken at the end of the course.
- BCS recommend up to six years experience of IS/IT work including contact with architects and architecture descriptions. Delegates are permitted to sit both the Intermediate and Practitioner exam in two consecutive sessions. However, a pass in the practitioner exam can only be recognized if the delegate has also passed the Intermediate exam.
- The main roles and goals of architecture
- An explanation of both Enterprise and Solution context and architecture
- Architecture governance
- Techniques for describing architecture
- An awareness of the most useful frameworks
- Architecture Processes
- The use of business, data, application and infrastructure components
- Planning the implementation of architecture
- Definitions of Architect and Architecture
- The Enterprise context and architecture
- Architecture Description basics
- Architecture Description
- Business Architecture
- The Solution Context
- Applications Architecture
- Software Architecture
- Architecture Frameworks
- Data Architecture
- Architecture Processes
- Infrastructure Architecture
- Architecture Implementation
- BCS Intermediate Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- BCS Practitioner Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- BCS Intermediate Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture Exam (One hour, 40 questions, closed book, multi-choice)
- BCS Practitioner Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture Exam (Case study-based, one hour, 40 questions, multi-choice. Delegates are given a copy of the case study at the start of the course, and are also given a copy for use during the exam)