About this course
This three-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows® 7 Client. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing. This course helps students prepare for the Exam 70-680, TS: Windows 7, Configuring.
- Expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client.
- Acquiring deep technical knowledge of Windows 7.
- Learning the details of Windows 7 technologies.
- Focusing on the “how to” associated with Windows 7 technologies.
At course completion
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers.
- Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer.
Module 1: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
This module explains how to install, upgrade and migrate to Windows 7. It also describes the key features, editions, and hardware requirements of Windows 7.
- Preparing to Install Windows 7
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7
- Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7
- Configuring Application Compatibility
Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows 7
Module 2: Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
This module examines how to configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable Windows 7 to function as desired.
- Partitioning Disks in Windows 7
- Managing Disk Volumes
- Maintaining Disks in Windows 7
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Lab : Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
Module 3: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
This module explains how to manage access to shared folders and printers on a computer running Windows 7. Specifically, it describes how to share and secure folders, configure folder compression, and how to install, configure, and administer printing.
- Overview of Authentication and Authorization
- Managing File Access in Windows 7
- Managing Shared Folders
- Configuring File Compression
- Managing Printing
Lab : Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
This module explains both IPv4 and IPv6 network connectivity. It also describes how to implement automatic IP Address Allocation and troubleshoot network connectivity.
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Overview of Name Resolution
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
Module 5: Configuring Wireless Network Connections
This module describes key wireless network technologies and how to configure wireless network components and the Windows 7 elements that are necessary to access wireless networks.
- Overview of Wireless Networks
- Configuring a Wireless Network
Lab : Configuring Wireless Network Connections
Module 6: Securing Windows 7 Desktops
This module describes how to make a Windows 7 computer more secure while ensuring usability is not sacrificed in the process. Specifically, it describes Windows Firewall, User Account Control, Windows Defender, and Security in Internet Explorer 8.
- Overview of Security Management in Windows 7
- Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings
- Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring Application Restrictions
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8
- Configuring Windows Defender
Lab : Configuring UAC, Local Security Policies, EFS, and AppLockerLab : Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender
Module 7: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
This module describes how to use the monitoring and configuration tools to obtain information about Windows 7 performance and how to troubleshoot performance and reliability problems.
- Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools
- Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools
- Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup
- Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
Lab : Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
Module 8: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
This module explains how to configure mobile devices and remote access. It also discusses DirectAccess and BranchCache which are new for Windows 7.
- Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access
- Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
Lab : Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
- Experience installing PC hardware and devices.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge.
- The skills to map network file shares.
- Experience working from a command prompt.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server.
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
|Pradžios data||Trukmė, d.||Kurso pavadinimas||Kaina, €||Statusas|
|2021-03-15||5||20697-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10||1500|
|2021-05-03||5||20697-2: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services||1500|
|2021-05-17||5||10982: Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10||1500|
|Užklausti||5||Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10 (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)||1500||Organizuojamas|
|Užklausti||5||Microsoft Windows 10 (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)||1500||Organizuojamas|
|Užklausti||5||Microsoft Managing Modern Desktops (nuotolinė klasė - ENG)||1500||Organizuojamas|