This blended eLearning and 3-day classroom-based course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 project management methodology. During the course we introduce the roles, principles, themes and processes that form the structure of PRINCE2. We also explain the various PRINCE2 management products that will help delegates deliver projects in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner. Throughout the course, our PRINCE2 experts are available (via email and in-class) to help delegates understand the benefits of adopting the PRINCE2 methodology.
It is a requirement that all candidates provide evidence that they meet the Exam pre-requisite on the day of the Exam. These will be checked before sitting the exam and if a candidate cannot provide sufficient evidence they will not be permitted to sit the exam. Acceptable forms of evidence are;
- Delegates can provide a copy of their examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the Axelos Successful Candidate Register
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attempting the PRINCE2 Foundation eLearning material.
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2 project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2 project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2 themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2 processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2 management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2 environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
- Apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
- Apply the method to a real project
- Apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2 effectively to a project within an organization environment supporting PRINCE2.
- Be able to create and assess management products.
Delegates are introduced to the world of projects and project management and to the overall structure of the PRINCE2 method. The benefits of adopting a formal project management method will also be outlined.
PRINCE2 operates with a universal set of principles that can be applied to every project. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which PRINCE2 is based.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and linked together in order for the project to be delivered effectively.
- Business Case
The seven PRINCE2 processes define the activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The following processes run from pre-project, through initiation and delivery, up to and including project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
Recommended study period for this eLearning is approximately 15 hours