Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) is the best-practice, proven and internationally accepted approach to the successful delivery of transformational change through the application of programme management.
MSP Foundation is the first of the three MSP qualifications and is a pre-requisite for anyone wishing to pursue MSP Practitioner or MSP Advanced Practitioner certifications. You are required to pass MSP Foundation before sitting any later examinations. MSP Practitioner is the middle of the three MSP qualifications and you are required to pass this certification before attempting MSP Advanced Practitioner.
- The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to determine whether you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP.
- The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to determine whether you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to apply the guidance to your own work and, hence, act as an informed member of a programme management team. That is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP environment. You should be capable of applying the MSP guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within an environment that uses MSP.
- The purpose of the Advanced Practitioner qualification is to determine whether a candidate is likely to be able to lead and manage a programme of transformational change. That is, whether someone is capable of applying the MSP guidance in a complex programme within an environment that uses MSP
You are required to have passed MSP Foundation before attempting the MSP Practitioner exam, and have passed MSP Practitioner exam before attempting the MSP Advanced Practitioner exam
This fully accredited eLearning course provides you with a thorough understanding of the MSP programme management methodology, providing you with the skills needed to confidently use MSP to manage programmes in line with strategic aims of a business and its day to day running.
MSP Philosophy and structure
- What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
- Relationship between the MSP Principles, Governance Themes and the Transformational Flow.
The 7 MSP Principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding Value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP Governance Themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- The Business case
- Risks and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
MSP Foundation eLearning
The course includes tutor support, examination practice and your Foundation exam.