About this course
This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement self-service Business Intelligence (BI) and Big Data analysis solutions using the Microsoft data platform. The course discusses the rationale for self-service BI, and describes how to use Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Office 365 Power BI to create self-service data models and reports. The course then goes on to describe how to use Windows Azure HDInsight to perform Big Data analysis.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
The primary audience for this course is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who are familiar with data warehouses and enterprise BI solutions built with SQL Server technologies. Experienced data analysts who want to learn how to use Microsoft technologies for self-service analysis and reporting will also benefit from attending this course.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features and benefits of self-service BI.
- Use SQL Server Reporting Services to implement a self-service reporting solution.
- Use PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel to create analytical data models.
- Use Power Query in Microsoft Excel to import data into a data model.
- Use Power View in Microsoft Excel to create interactive data visualizations.
- Use Power Map in Microsoft Excel to create geographic data visualizations.
- Use Microsoft SharePoint Server to implement collaborative self-service BI solutions.
- Provision and use a Windows Azure HDInsight cluster for Big Data analysis.
- Use Pig and Hive to analyze big data in Windows Azure HDInsight.
- Design and implement Big Data processes to support self-service BI.
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service Business Intelligence
- Extending Enterprise BI
- Microsoft Self-Service BI and Big Data Technologies
Lab : Exploring an Enterprise BI Solution
This module describes how to use Report Builder as a tool for self-service Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services report authoring.
- Introduction to Self-Service Reporting
- Shared Data Sources and Datasets
- Report Parts
Lab : Implementing Self-Service Reporting
Module 3: Self-Service Data Modeling with PowerPivot
- Creating Data Models in Excel with PowerPivot
- Using DAX in a PowerPivot Data Model
Lab : Self-Service Data Modeling with PowerPivot
- Introduction to Power Query
- Using Power Query to Import Data
Lab : Using Power Query
- Introduction to Power View
- Creating Dynamic Data Visualizations
Lab : Visualizing Data with Power View
- Introduction to Power Map
- Using Power Map
Lab : Visualizing Geographic Data with Power Map
- Sharing PowerPivot Workbooks
- Managing PowerPivot Services in SharePoint Server
- Using Power View in SharePoint Server
Lab : Using SharePoint Server for BI Collaboration
- Introduction to Big Data
- Windows Azure HDInsight
Lab : Using Windows Azure HDInsight
- Processing Big Data with Pig
- Processing Big Data with Hive
Lab : Processing Big Data with Pig and Hive
This module introduces key Windows Azure HDInsight technologies that enable you to design and implement automated, repeatable Big Data processing solutions that support self-service BI.
- Automating Big Data Processing Tasks
- Integrating Windows Azure HDInsight with Enterprise Data
Lab : Creating a Big Data Solution
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling principles.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
|Pradžios data||Trukmė, d.||Kurso pavadinimas||Kaina, €||Statusas|
|2019-09-16||5||20461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server||1500|
|2019-09-30||5||20464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server Databases||1500|
|2019-10-21||5||20466: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server||1500|
|2019-10-21||5||20462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases||1500|
|2019-11-06||3||20465: Designing a Data Solution with Microsoft SQL Server 2014||1200|
|2019-11-25||5||20467: Designing Self-Service Business Intelligence and Big Data Solutions||1500|
|2019-12-02||5||20463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server||1500|